Apologies for not blogging much over the last week.
As you may know I was holiday with my family.
I actually tried a few times to email you guys (because I enjoy doing it) – bu the internet connection was the slowest I have ever encountered.
Anyhow, those of you on the Facebook page (check it out here if you’re not already on it) may have noticed that the other week I asked it anyone was interested in seeing some of the ‘tricks of the trade’ of how magazines fool us with their ‘before and after photos’.
There was a good response, so I thought I’d have a go at seeing how much change I could make it one hour.
Here’s the result:
These two photos were taken 54 minutes apart a week last Saturday.
- Hair – I hadn’t shaved for a week in the photo on the left. A quick face and chest shave makes a big difference. I also hadn’t done anything with my ‘bed hair’ for the before and styled in for the after.
- Posture – Slouching and sticking my stomach out on the left, pulling it in an contracting everything on the right
- Pump – I did a few minutes of press ups and pull ups for the after – getting a bit more blood in the muscles to give them a fuller look
- Clothes – Baggy trousers to tight shorts
- Lighting – daylight on the left, overhead light turned on on the right
- Face – Glum on the left, happy (er) on the right
- Professional lighting makes an even bigger difference
- Make up on the body to create or accentuate lines and contours
- Post shoot editing – ‘Photo shopping’